Thursday, June 24, 2004

General news roundup

Manmohan Singh today spoke about something that is a matter of great concern for us- the fact that our Parliament frequently fails to function- his speech to the nation asked for co-operation that Parliament could conduct it's business- that of debate and legislation. I couldn't agree more.

I assume most people would have read and re-read this news item, and talked it to death, but just my two cents- if this is his idea of a joke, sadly Mr Vajpayee is in real need of a sense of humour? On a more worrying note, as many of us had predicted, the BJP is seeking to turn rightward in order to re-orient itself.

I didn't blog about this movie when it came out, but I think it's time I did. Jivha sums up cogently all that really needs to be said. Although despite his complaints against the TOI, it says pretty much what he has to say. If any of you have watched the movie, and want to write a review for it, let me know and I'll put it up on this blog. I'm afraid, Odeon Oxford isn't exactly queueing up to show Girlfriend, but if you have seen it, and have something to say, do go ahead!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am not watching this movie even if someone pays me money for it !! :)
You might want to check out this link though for the review:

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=88077

Deepan

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home